métalpitou Index du Forum
métalpitou
Forum de l'alliance

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 
SAN FRANCISCO,

Sujet précédent .::. Sujet suivant  
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet métalpitou Index du Forum >>> Pour tous >>> Diplomatie
Auteur Message
DMT

MessagePosté le: Sam 29 Sep - 04:50 (2018)    Sujet du message: SAN FRANCISCO, Répondre en citant

NAIROBI, June 24 (Xinhua) -- New York marathon champion Mary Keitany of Kenya has not given up hope on making the Kenya Olympic marathon team despite being named on the reserve bench.

This is what will inspire her as she lines up to defend her Mattoni Olomouc Half Marathon in Czech Republic on Saturday.

Keitany hasn' t raced since falling in the London Marathon and even though she was only named as a reserve after finishing ninth in London, she hasn' t ruled out being called up to the main team.

"I think that the real selection will be made the first of July. We are still finding the team. The coaches have not made up their final decision on who will compete in Rio Olympics and I am hopeful, that can change anytime," she added.

The 34-year-old Keitany will return to the scene of her 1:06:38 course record in Prague while fellow Kenyan Stanley Biwott faces a stiff challenge in his tune up for the Olympic marathon. The race will be on Saturday.

"I want to try and run fast but I don't know if the weather conditions will allow me to challenge the course record. I think I'm fit, (but) first of all we must talk about the weather. The weather in Czech Republic is terrible, very hot," she said.

But Keitany' s road to a repeat victory will not be easy as some best athletes in the history of the race will compete for the title.

Leading that group of women will be 25-year-old Kenyan Violah Jepchumba, who in April stunned the road racing world with her victory at the Sportisimo Prague Half Marathon in 1:05:51, moving her to third on the world all-time list. Only Florence Kiplagat (1:05:09) and Keitany (1:05:50) have ever run faster.

Since then, Jepchumba has gone on to record victories in Istanbul and Gothenburg with times of 1:08:18 and 1:08:01 respectively, meaning she heads to Olomouc with a string of five wins at the half-marathon distance.

Ethiopia' s Worknesh Degefa, who finished second to Jepchumba in Prague in a personal-best time of 1:06:14, and Kenya' s 2014 Prague Half Marathon winner Joyce Chepkirui, who has a 1:06:18 personal best time, are equally capable of challenging for the top spot on the podium.

Also running among the elite women will be Eva Vrabcova, a winter Olympian in cross-country skiing. Vrabcova qualified for the Czech Olympic team for Rio when she finished sixth at the Volkswagen Prague Marathon in 2:30:10.

During a recent vacation in the Florida Keys Cheap San Jose Sharks Jerseys , I decided to hire a guide and go fishing for the day. We had gone snorkeling the day before in John Pennekamp State Park and the water was crystal clear from the lack of rain in South Florida.

The clarity of the water enticed me to try fishing for tarpon before heading down to Key West. The boat captain picked me up at the dock of the waterfront lodge we were staying at around 7:30 in the morning in a 17 Maverick, powered by a 90HP Yamaha.

When we arrived at our fishing destination our intention was to fish live crabs and sight cast to tarpon but it was a still early for the tarpon bite so we moved at little in shore for bonefish.

The Maverick I was fishing from had a forward casting platform and since there was only a slight chop on the water, I thought I d give it a try. Now, most people wouldn t be so worried about standing on a platform two feet off the deck of a boat that measured a mere 18 x 18 but for a middle aged guy carrying a few extra pounds, it was a bit of a challenge. After only a few minutes on the platform I felt confident and the extra height gave me a better view of the fish.

When we moved out to deeper water to chase the tarpon we encountered activity right away. The first tarpon I cast to was a single fish, the cast was ok but not perfect and the tarpon moved on. The next fish I spotted moved through the flats so fast I don t even think he saw my bait, what can you do?

Shortly after that, a pod of 10 15 tarpon came swimming right at us. My first cast was a little short, as the fish moved around the boat, I reeled up and got ready to take another cast. The guide yelled Pick out on fish and cast to it but there were so many and my heart was pumping so fast that I ending up casting into the middle of the pod just to watch them swim around it.

Shortly after that an inconsiderate boater moved up on us and it was time to relocate so, just a short boat ride later and we had moved to a different flat.

The next flat looked just as promising as the first because we saw fish right away. Then my shot appeared, I cast the live crab to a fish about 50 75 feet ahead. The tarpon saw the bait and inhaled it. As the guide advised, I waited for the line to get tight and raised the rod tip. The fish jumped seven times in the shallow flat before making it to deeper water for the remainder of the fight which lasted about twenty minutes.

The guide estimated that the fish weighed around 45 pounds. Tarpon always look bigger in the water and I would have thought it was closer to 60 pounds, but he was the expert.

I ve caught a few tarpon through the years and hooked many more, including a spring ocean fish that may have gone over 150 pounds while trolling live bait for kingfish, but this was my first in the crystal clear waters of Key Largo and one I ll remember for years to come.

SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- Researchers in the United States suggest that protective measures make good sense for both the animals and humans as the spread of influenza among pigs is common at fairs and other gatherings.

In a study that appears in the journal Emerging Infectious Diseases, a publication of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the researchers tracked human cases of H3N2 swine virus associated with seven agricultural fairs in 2016.

Led by Andrew Bowman of The Ohio Sta. NHL Jerseys China Authentic NBA Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Free Shipping Replica Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys China Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys From China Replica MLB Jerseys Cheap College Baseball Jerseys Wholesale

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 29 Sep - 04:50 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet métalpitou Index du Forum >>> Pour tous >>> Diplomatie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation